- Around 424
- For Workers
- Today's jobline
- Training Centre
- For Contractors
- Contact Us
- Member Login
Submitted by ibew_admin on Tue, 04/26/2011 - 9:59am
TRAINING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be considered a beneficiary and eligible for Education Benefits, you must be a member in good standing of IBEW 424 and meet the eligibility requirements under the Electrical Industry Education Trust Fund of Alberta.
PRIOR APPROVAL IS REQUIRED. Please contact EITCA Training Administration to confirm approved training and eligibility.
Eligibility Requirements: Members, or Permit members in good standing of the IBEW Local Union 424 and must have or had hours worked for which contributions were paid for three consecutive months followed by a one month waiting period within the current or immediate past school year by an Employer who is contributing to the Electrical Industry Education Trust Fund of Alberta.
After eligibility requirements are achieved, benefits continue to August 31 of the current and following School Year in which eligibility is established, unless revoked.
“Member in Good Standing” means that a member’s Union Dues are paid up to date (current) upon registration for courses.
“School Year” is established as being from September 1 to August 31 of the following year.
Members in Good standing who for various reasons cannot fulfill the Eligibility Requirements may appeal to the Board of Education Trustees for special consideration in order to attend courses at EITCA.
Accommodation Assistance may be provided to eligible IBEW 424 members who are registered for training not provided close to their residence, which is applied for and approved by the Board of Education Trustees.
Beneficiaries are expected to attend training courses at the closest Training Centre or Approved Training Facilities within their area of residence.
Accommodation Assistance must be applied for at least one week prior to start date of registered training. All applications will be considered on a case by case basis and will only be reimbursed upon provision of receipts for commercial accommodation, for a maximum limit as determined by the Board of Education Trustees.
Accommodation Assistance will be paid for each day of training that is 100% attended.
ELECTRICAL & OTHER APPRENTICESHIP TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
The Electrical Industry Education Trust Fund of Alberta has been reimbursing Apprentices since March 1999 for their Technical Training. This fund is available to all eligible IBEW424 members for Electrical & Other Apprenticeships as approved by the joint Education/Apprenticeship Committee. The Criteria & Process for Application are as follows:
- Application for Tuition Assistance must be submitted to the Training Centre for approval before the commencement of Apprenticeship Training for each Training Period.
- Applicants must be members in good standing, dues up to date.
- Applicants must be eligible for Education Trust Fund Benefits at the time of commencement of Apprenticeship Training (see Eligibility Requirements, page 3).
- Applicants must provide: Tuition Receipt, the Apprentice: Credit Technical Training letter from AIT (Tradesecrets Account) and have successfully completed the required Supplementary Training (as noted on Application Forms) within 6 months of completion of Apprenticeship Training. Tuition Reimbursement Cheques are forwarded to the applicant.
- Applicants must be current with CSTS and First Aid.
INSTITUTIONAL COURSE REIMBURSEMENT
With prior approval, there are a number of Institutional Training Courses offered outside of EITCA which are approved for reimbursement for eligible IBEW 424 members. To apply for Institutional Course Reimbursement, the criteria & process for application are as follows:
- Institutional Course Financial Assistance Application Form must be submitted to the Training Centre for approval before commencement of any Institutional Course.
- Applicants must be members in good standing of IBEW Local Union 424.
- Applicants must be eligible for Education Trust Fund Benefits at the time of commencement of course (see Eligibility Requirements, page 3).
- Applicants must provide a paid receipt for the course applied for and proof of successful completion. Course Reimbursement Cheques are forwarded to the applicant.
APPEALS & DISCLAIMERS
Applicants advised that they do not meet the criteria required for financial assistance may appeal to the Board of Trustees c/o The Electrical Training Centre: (Edmonton) 4234 - 93 Street, Edmonton, AB T6E 5P5 or (Calgary) #200, 3623 - 29 Street NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 5W4
Applicants must agree to repay the financial assistance to the Trust Fund, if they do not maintain IBEW membership for 5 years after receipt of the Reimbursement(s).
The Trustees of the Electrical Industry Education Trust Fund of Alberta reserve the right to limit the maximum amount of Tuition Assistance in any budget year, and/or alter, or terminate tuition assistance at any time.