- Around 424
- For Workers
- Today's jobline
- Training Centre
- For Contractors
- Contact Us
- Member Login
Submitted by ibew_admin on Tue, 04/26/2011 - 10:01am
ELECTRICAL APPRENTICESHIP TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
The Electrical Industry Education Trust Fund of Alberta has been reimbursing Apprentices since March 1999 for their Technical Training. This fund is available to all eligible IBEW424 members for Electrical & Other Apprenticeships as approved by the joint Education/Apprenticeship Committee. The Criteria & Process for Application are as follows:
- Application for Tuition Assistance must be submitted to the Training Centre for approval before the commencement of Apprenticeship Training for each Training Period.
- Applicants must be members in good standing, dues up to date.
- Applicants must be eligible for Education Trust Fund Benefits at the time of commencement of Apprenticeship Training (see Eligibility Requirements, page 3).
- Applicants must provide: Tuition Receipt, the Apprentice: Credit Technical Training letter from AIT (Tradesecrets Account) and have successfully completed the required Supplementary Training (as noted on Application Forms) within 6 months of completion of Apprenticeship Training. Tuition Reimbursement Cheques are forwarded to the applicant.
- Applicants must be current with CSTS and First Aid.
The Trustees of the Electrical Industry Education Trust Fund of Alberta reserve the right to limit the maximum amount of Tuition Assistance in any budget year, and/or alter, or terminate tuition assistance at any time.